Sunrise Fun Run Registration – 25 March 2017
The Moonlight Fun Run presenters brings you with this summers SUNRISE FUN RUN!!
This summer Farm Windhoek Fitness is hosting its first Sunrise Fun Run! An awesome fun run / hike / walk up Fireball mountain (and an additional Google Hill for those who accepts the challenge) to witness the break of dawn over the beautiful mother city Windhoek!
Entrance is N$100.00 and registration closes on 22 March 2017! Two trails – beginner (7km) and intermediate (11km)
LATE ENTRIES – N$150.00
CASH DEPOSIT AT BANK – N$ 125.00
The run / walk / hike is to start-off at 06h30 on Saturday morning the 25th of March 2017. Participants will run along (1.3km) jeep track and then right up a single track at Traders entrance to meet Fireball! A challenging 200m incline over 2km trail distance to the top of fireball to witness the break of dawn over Windhoek! Participants will then start a decline back into traders to meet with the jeep track. Participants will divide into those who wish to challenge themselves with google hill and Kudu (total 11km) and those who will face the last climb of Peter Pan (total 7km) back to the finish.
At the finish, participants can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee and a breakfast before meeting the rest of Saturday
Littering will not be tolerated.
All containers and packaging must be carried and only disposed at official bins/support areas. In general please respect the environment. We are making use of private property.
Farm Windhoek Fitness Obstacles are not to be used without proper guidance by Farm Windhoek Fitness members. Please do not damage any property or obstacles. Obstacles are to be used at own risk and Farm Windhoek Fitness indemnifies itself and the members from any liability arising how so ever.
Participants need to assess for themselves (and /or minors) whether they are fit enough to take part.
All participants take part in the event at their own risk and indemnify the organisers, sponsors, host and other authorities of any loss or injury, however that loss or injury may be caused which might occur in preparation for, during or subsequent to the event and in any circumstances in which the organizers, sponsors and local and other authorities might attract a legal liability in respect of such injury or loss.
Other possible dangers in a trail route include wild animals.
LATE REGISTRATION AND COLLECTION OF NUMBERS.
Friday 24 March 2017 at 17h00 – 19h00
START / FINISH / PRIZE GIVING
The race will start and finish at Farm Windhoek Fitness
Start time 06h30
Cut Off time: 09h00
RACE NUMBER TO BE PLACED ON FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
Each trail has one water-point sponsored by Coke Cola!
- Pet friendly event – given that pets are under direct control of owner,
- Practice good sportsmanship at all times,
- Be responsible for their own safety,
- Obey instructions from race officials,
- Treat other competitors, officials, volunteers, and spectators with respect and courtesy,
- Ensure that they are familiar with the race course; the participant is responsible for any deviations from route.
- Competitors shall ensure that numbers are clearly displayed on the front of their shirts at all times. Further instructions about race numbers and finishing protocol will be announced at the start of the race. Please pay attention to these instructions, as they are important for accurate time keeping.
- No items deemed to be a hazard to self or others can be worn e.g. no headsets or headphones.
- Please note this is a fun run and not a race!
FARM WHK FITNESS